Friday, March 9, 2012

Who I am!

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a model, a friend, and a photographer.

My parents raised me to who I am today. My father and my best friend worked hard to give my family the best. He taught us that we have to work to get what we want in life. We could be anything if we set our minds to it. I got married in 1994 to my high school sweetheart. Three days later my dad found out that he had cancer. That changed my life forever. In 1997 we were all called home. They didn't expect him to make it much longer. When I went to visit him, I told him he couldn't leave us he was going to be a papa. All he told me was why did I go and do that. Well he was able to spend 5 years with my daughter. He was the world to her. He still is from heaven. My mom is my go to person. We do everything together. That is what I want for my daughter. I am showing her that life is too short so we must live life to its fullest. And that she can be and do anything that she sets her mind to do. As I say dream big. I am a sister to three wonderful people. We may have our differences and some may not talk to others but in time I hope they will. 

I have always had health issues. I was born preemie; I had seizures as a child. I still have health problems. I had low self-esteem right after my daughter was born. I was fat and hated myself. I wore big clothes to hide under but it didn't work. It just made me look bigger and more depressed. I had a health attack that almost took my life. That is when I realized that I needed to change. No, I am not skinny. I am currently a size 18. I am not ashamed of that. I have learned to accept what God has given me and love myself and who I am. I learned that beauty comes from the inside. When my friends saw who I become they wanted to know how I did. So when I hear people talking bad about themselves then I help them to love and see the beauty within. Attitude is the key. You can be pretty on the outside. One of those that everyone drools over but be ugly because you have a bad attitude and don't love yourself. 

I am a plus size model. I really enjoy it and do it just for fun. It shows people that if you are confident you can be beautiful at any size. You have to love and believe in yourself. My passion for photography came from when my dad found out about his cancer. I wanted to have as many memories to pass on to my children. When I started out I wanted to take pictures of everything. I love to be behind the camera. It goes everywhere with me. I wanted everyone to have those special memories. I shot babies, maternity, newborns, etc. But I recently learned that wasn't my true calling. Yes, I will still shoot them type of photographs but my true passion is making women feel beautiful. I am now a contemporary photographer. I specialize in glamor, beauty, and boudoir. I take that every day women that don't think she is pretty and make them stunning. I help them see the beauty within. 

I am telling you all of this because every bit of it has made me who I am today. I by no means have a perfect life. I don't have tones of money. But I live life to the fullest. And I am who I am. I am a plus size women that loves herself and knows that I am beautiful. I believe I can achieve anything I set my mind to do.

I will leave you will two of my favorite quotes. 

Never stop smiled because you never know who is falling in love with your smile. 

“Until you value yourself, you will not value your time.
Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” ~ M. Scott Peck”
     

It is up to you to want to better your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment